Chest pain - should I be more worried?

I ran a Physical Fitness Test for the Marine Corps today (3 miles), towards the end of which I lost bladder control. A couple hours later, I started having pain in the left side of my chest, worse when lying on my side or standing. Breathing doesn't make the pain better or worse. It's been persistent for almost 3 hours now.
I'm 25, generally fit, non-smoker, typically low BP. I've been a little sleep deprived the last few days and also spent a few days eating very, very little food (got busy and forgot - no eating disorder), but yesterday I ate plenty, and got enough sleep.
This is probably just chest wall pain, right? I'm in this scary three months between two health insurance plans space right now, and it's making scary chest pain all the worse.

Mantidae

Asked by Mantidae at 10:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Health

• I would get to the E.R. immediately. For you to have the bladder loss while taking the test and then to have chest pain is a bad sign.
    LimeGreenLady

Answer by LimeGreenLady at 10:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i agree!! chest pains are never good!! u should go 2 the E R...hope u feel better!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 10:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• yeah- i agree with the other answer- it is def not somethng you want to have go unchecked. the loss of baldder control is the weirdest part. hope all is well, but please get checked!!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 10:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• It is really disturbing. The thing is that the pain really isn't that severe, and I feel like maybe I've just been pushing myself too hard lately (Bar exam in 11 days, wedding in 37). If I go to the ER and it's nothing, the medical bills will sink us.
    Mantidae

Answer by Mantidae at 10:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The medical bills will sink you, or you could have a heart attack or something and die. I'm not really trying to be sarcastic, just want you to put your health and your family first.See a Doctor soon, Dear.Hope you are fine. I'm sure we all hope to hear from you soon that you are doing well.
    callico

Answer by callico at 10:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• was it cold outside when you were running? Sometimes if I run in the cold I get chest pains. Also have you been running that much or did you just get up and run 3 miles? Your body might not of been usuful.
    lauraluann

Answer by lauraluann at 10:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• It could just be stress. But if it was to continue I would be seen by someone.
    tazzyt19

Answer by tazzyt19 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Never take chest pains lightly. And I can tell you, it feels wonderful to have the doctor tell you it's something else!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My mom had chest pain in February of 2007. She's always been the healthy one: excellent diet, low blood pressure, no risk factors for heart attack at all. The symptoms didn't even really match up. She decided to go to the ER "just in case." No one there thought she was having a heart attack, but they treated her for it "just in case." When the tests came back, they realized that they had just saved her life. She had suffered a heart attack called the "widowmaker," and most people do not survive that type of attack. I almost lost my mom five days before my son was born. At the time, she was only 49. I'm not trying to scare you, but this is important. Please don't wait. Is there a free clinic you can go to?
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 1:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• sure, it could be chest wall but what if it isn't? you need at least an ekg and an emergency room visit. go now and you'll rest better.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2008