Do you ever?

Do you ever feel like a single mom even when you are married? do you ever feell like you are taking on the entire emotional burden of having a special needs kid or anything else by yourself??? and if you do if you have answered yes to either of these questions how the HELL do you deal with it?

icn_mom

Asked by icn_mom at 7:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• You just do. I think it the motherly part in us. I have a son with adhd and another one with autism. My husband works about 60hours a week. I have two part time jobs. And take care of the kids and house. I work out everyday. It's a great stress burner. lol My husband does help. But I do 90% of the work durning the week days. And he does 90% durning the weekend. I work and go to the gym to mentally get away.

Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I did and that's why it was so easy for me to walk away from him. When you can't rely upon him for the help it makes you stronger in someways but also resentful. Resentment has no place in a healthy marriage. Feeling like a single parent before I left made it much easier to anticipate and plan for the problems I would eventually face as a single parent.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh, please understand... I'm am in no way encouraging you to walk away...that was just how I dealt with it. There were so many other things that were wrong in the relationship and that was the best option for me.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• We too have a son with severe ADHD and ODD which makes thing extremely trying at times. But we keep reminding ourselves that we're doing the best we can. And I know it's easier said than done, but hang in there. You're doing a great job! Kudos to you!!! And like Ann7227 said, if it's possible, going to the gym, getting together with girlfriends for a bite to eat or a few drinks/maybe a movie, going to a local mall for a few hours or even going to a restaurant and reading a book by yourself are great ideas for getting your "much needed mommy time" because we have to be able to unwind, relax, get and keep ourselves together to be any good to our children. JMO and hope this helps some.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• no my husband helps me a lot. sorry you feel this way. it's all in the man you marry and how their mind works.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009