Online coupons

Has anybody ever used online coupons in a supermarket, etc? I went to couponbug.com and printed some coupons off. I do 99% of my grocery shopping at Walmart and when I went to give them to the cashier she tried scanning them, couldn't get them to go through and then proceeded to tell me they don't accept online coupons. I'm not 100% sure that's correct OR she just didn't want to bother with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• I've used online coupons before. Not very often, but they've never had trouble scanning them. Maybe the ink was smudged or something
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would of demanded a manager be called & overide. Go back with your coupons and receipt and speak to store mngr and don't leave til you get some satisfaction. They should be honored unless there are stipulations on the coupons. Read the fine print before you go through the trouble. Walmart is still one of the few stores & stocks still thriving in these times of tough economics and I don't see why they wouldn't accomodate you. However be firm & assertive. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I've printed coupons (mostly from mypoints) and used them at Kroger with no problem. I've heard that some stores will not accept printed coupons. It could be that Walmart does not accept them or that the print out was not legible. I recently printed a JcPenney coupon & the cashier told me that I needed a new printer. He couldn't get it to scan, but luckily he had some coupons from their sale ad that he scanned for me. I would check with someone at your Walmart to find out for sure about their policy. I think it stinks when some stores won't honor them.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I use to work at Walmart.We had a list of coupons that we couldn't take...ones you print off yourself are fine unless they were fakes....but it's would be just the ink....there's a generic coupon button to push and punch in the coupon amount.So she should of took it.
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 1:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I Would Have Demanded A Manager
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 9:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2009