Which is better: Blockbuster or Netflix?

I'm considering doing a free trial to either Blockbuster or Netflix. Their plans are close in price, but I didn't know if one was better. I have a local Blockbuster store, but I didn't know if it would be worth paying the additional $2 or so more for it than Netflix so that I'd have the option to exchange movies at the store if I wanted or needed to. Which do you have & which plan do you have (1, 2, or 3 movies out at a time)?

soccermom0002

Asked by soccermom0002 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Entertainment

• We've had both and each has it's own advantages, so it really comes down to what type of movie-watcher you are.
    Netflix advantages: Movies mailed to you, and you mail them back- what could be simpler? They do have instant movie options where you can watch on your computer, and if you're tech savvy, can be streamed to the television. Pricing is reasonable. The biggest advantage, though, is that they have a tremendous selection of movies on disc, including some hard to find older movies and indie films.
    Netflix Disadvantages: Netflix is notorious for throttling. If you are unfamiliar with this term, it means that if they feel you're going through the movies too fast, the turn around time will start taking longer and longer. Also, while they have movies online for instant viewing, the selection is greatly limited for this option.
    Cont...
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:37 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Netflix
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• netflix, i get 2 movies at a time
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I use blockbuster. I get them in the mail and if I want to I can bring them back to the store in town and get more sooner if I want. I don't think you can do that with netflix

Answer by louise2 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have a hard enough time walking to my mail box to return my Netflix (3 plan) so I think that driving to Blockbuster woud be harder...
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Blockbuster. I pay $21 a month and get unlimited movies-3 at a time. I also get 5 free trade-ins a month at the stores. If you watch a lot of movies...well worth it considering movies are $5.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Blockbuster on line that is!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I like Netflix. We get 2 at a time for $14.95 a month.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I work at Blockbuster, and I would have to say Netflix. Its cheaper in the long run. Plus Blockbuster is ALWAYS changing their rental terms, (we just did at my store), and it seems to be screwing a lot of people over, as we basically have late fees again (and yes, those late fees also go for the people that have Blockbuster Online and do the in-store exchanges.)
    Anonymous

• Netflix all the way ! You're able to watch movies instantly via your computer while still holding whatever movies you have at home with said plan. Another great feature of Netflix is ROKU player which is purchased aside from your plan for a one time fee $100 this system allows you to go online to set up your movie list / que and watch movies that are streamable directly to your T.V great program prices as well as variety of selections for many genres
    HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 10:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009