3 Deaths in our State from Freezing to Death!

Lately now there has been 3 Deaths in my State from people Freezing to Death! Isn't that Sad & Scarey? Any in your State? I hope not! One was A Man on A Sleep Medicine that made him Sleep Walk. He went outside & froze to death! That can't be A good useful prescription! I'm mentioning this to warn/Help others!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 8:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• Nope...none so far. There was a guy that took his dogs out for a walk (he was in Alaska) in -45 weather (it had been as cold as -65)....someone set claw traps out in the snow and one of his dogs got snapped by it. He called his wife so she could get the car ready and warn the vet. He got the dogs home and to the vet and proceded to have a stroke....a mixture of the extreme cold and the adrenaline rush.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• None in IL that I know of and as for sleeping meds, they are great when used effectivly-that gentleman needed to tell someone help walked in his sleep or it is just an accident.I don't think you can blame the drug for his death.
    Anonymous

• Thats crazy. it is supposed to be -30 tonight, but Im not sure anything like that will happen..I hope not anyway.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm in IL too and haven't heard of any but it IS darned cold here right now. Our city has community warming centers for those that need them which I think is great!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009