My 2 yr old just had the weirdest looking poop! It looked like tiny miniature oval shaped grapes...a lot of them...SO gross! Looked like a seed of some sort, but was soft and squishy (yes I had to feel it bc I was worried!) Any ideas??

bnev

Asked by bnev at 10:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it just sounds like she was constipated. If kids are constipated- it comes out in little beans- but that can still be squishy. I think she is fine. Just give her some strain apple juice to help her go better and to loosten it up. Good Luck!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 10:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• strait apple juice- not strain apple juice like i wrope above...LOL
    cmlowery

• My son just turned two and he poops like that probably once a week. As long as they are not rock hard and his bottom is ok I wouldnt worry. Been down that road before and had to put him on Miralax for 13 months straight... long story. Hope all is well
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 10:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• When my son gets constipated, his poop comes out in little pea-sized balls that are the normal color of his poop.They are usually very firm looking not squishy. If that's what you saw, it's normal as I've seen it in my daycare children too.Does it look like some kind of eggs or something like that?Just call and speak to his nurse, that should settle your mind.
    Anonymous

• my daughter has them about once a week also and I give her apple juice, fruit and vegetables.
    emmasmommy1016

Answer by emmasmommy1016 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• constipation? increase water, fruits and veggies if appropriate. check out the next few poops to see if they are more normal looking. if he is groaning or grunting, more likely it is consitpation.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Did he eat raisins?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2008