Does anyone have experiance with Mirena?

I had the Mirena IUD put in a month ago and since then I have bled non stop. Not heavy bleeding but enough to annoy me and now I fear I may be becoming anemic. Is this normal?

ceciandrew

Asked by ceciandrew at 8:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• I bled for almost 3 months. My doc said it was normal. You have a check up coming up don't you to make sure it is adjusting right? Make sure to mention it to the doc, but I'm pretty sure it's ok.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Actually I just had mine removed today. I had in about 9 to 10 months. First I bled all the time, then it stopped for a few months, then I was having two periods a month. Not to mention the acne I got from it as a side affect was horrible. So discuss it with your doctor, and see what is best for you.
    miraclen4

Answer by miraclen4 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• The Mirena IUD people tend to bleed for 90 days until your body gets used to the hormones.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes it is normal, they should have given you a pamphlet that explains the side effects of the Mirena, and the bleeding issue is in there. Some people stop bleeding right away and others bleed for quite awhile. Wait it out a little bit and see how your body adjusts. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2009