• In the Spotlight:

Does wearing foundation make your face look like it has alot of dry skin?

My skin looks fine until I put on my make-up, then certain parts look like dry peeling skin. If I put lotion on afterwards then it goes away, but is there a way to prevent this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Moisturize first. Make sure you're getting plenty of water.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:24 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Exfloliate and face moisturizers BEFORE make up :) I know that I have to be careful of being a lizard face too
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Switch foundations and see if that helps.Some types are very drying, get one that has a moisturizer in it already.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yess, use a fantastic moisturizer first and don't pile on the makeup, only use as much as you need, nothing more.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Exfoliation is the key. I wash my face every morning with one of those scrubby gloves you find in the cosmetic department at Walmart. I think they are like $1.00 or so. It is very good at exfoliating the dead, dry skin and then use a moisturiser before the foundation. Works great for me.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• not mine but it kinda makes my face oily
    SassyMommyBllck

Answer by SassyMommyBllck at 12:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• make sure your face is cleansed before applying any make up -- always moisturize before applying make up . Do not cake on the foundation, you can purchase invisible powder from MAC and apply a little over the foundation to make it look more natural. * it works =) i studied make up lol
    ladiijadex3

Answer by ladiijadex3 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You need to exfoliate. A good cheap one is St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but I love Clinique and have been using it for years. Get the dry flakes scrubbed off and your face will look and feel smoother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Like the other ladies said exfoliate. Maybe try changing your foundation. I use mineral foundation. Its light and it doesn't look like I have on foundation at all because it blends in. if you want to know the brand just pm me
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You need a good skin regimen. Mary Kay has a good 3 and 1 cleanser. I would suggest
    TimeWise® 3-In-1 Cleanser (Normal/Dry)

This creamy cleanser leaves normal to dry skin feeling clean, fresh and radiant with enhanced hydration. As it cleanses, exfoliates and freshens in one step, it begins the process to reveal younger-looking skin. Plus, with each use, your skin feels refreshed.

heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009