how do you know when to give up and say its over

I dont want to leave and regret it but I am not happy and have not been for 2 years

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• when he doesn't do anything to make it better. that's when i say quits.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• There's no magic answer to that one, but when you absolutely cannot stand another minute of whatever is going on, you'll know it's time. When you can see yourself happy without him, it's time.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• In my personal beliefs the only reason to leave is if you are being physically and mentally harmed. All marriages have their ups and downs. I know there are time when I love my husband but I really don't want to be around he because he is driving me nuts. Same with my kids. Have you tried counceling. A great book is the 5 Love Languages. This helped me alot. Also Love and Respect I can't remember the author right now sorry.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I was with a man for fifteen years and continuously heard "No" every year that I wanted a child from him. Now I'm 41 and so wish I split up earlier than I did. Everyone discourages divorce, but sometimes it's a smart idea. I feel I really wasted my valuable years.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• thanks ladies he is a great dad and works hard but I dont fell like he loves me anymore he dont do anything to show me no hug out of the blue or card or anything free I just fell like our relation ship failed somewhere and when I try and talk to him to fix it he says Im over reacting and nothings wrong

Anonymous

• u didnt say u were married. if u r i hate to say so but from yr last comment i wouldnrb surprised if he has someone on the side. sorry, but u know what they say about the only thing worse then being unhappy for 2 years is being unhappy for 2 years and a day. i would leaveif i truly thought i exhaausted all possibilities. make a pln though before u go so u can support yrself and kiddies, if any. good luck.
    Anonymous

• i would have to say once your not happy anymore, your not happy. you will not regret it just do what your heart tells you to do.
    KAIDENSMOMI

Answer by KAIDENSMOMI at 10:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009