For some reason, I keep having thoughts about how it would be if I were in a lesbian relationship rather than having to deal with a man,...But I feel guilty...

Sometimes I ponder, well alot more lately, I think that if I were in a lesbian relationship I would be more understood. Instead of having to explain myself or just having to deal with somethings in a heterosexual relaationship...Is there something wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• this happens t me too i wonder what its like to be with a girl.. i think if i were lesbian things would go better for me. dont know why i feel women are more honest than men but i cant say i prefer a wmoen over a man in bed i dont think theres anything wrong with you it might be that you having alot of problems with a man and well u talk about them with a girl she totally understands unlike a man
    Anonymous

• I think we all fantasize about a life without men at some point or other!

But yeah, like the pp said, lesbian relationships are still relationhips and come with issues.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• have you ever lived with one of your good female friends?....same issues....but, there are certain characteristics of women that are nice to have....especially if you dont have a man who likes to cuddle or take the time to do special things for you
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Many women are not lesbians but choose to live that lifestyle bc of their experiences with men. Life is short. Do what you feel is the right thing for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I have had an experience with a woman before. The same problem exists. She used to get mad at me when I rather have sex with a guy than with her. The killer part is that she was also in a relationship with a guy. She was so jealous and I had to end it with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I think you are right in some respects. Women understand better what needs to be done, what may be hurtful, how encouragment helps and how talking it out helps. But, just like men and women, lesbian couples have arguments, misunderstandings and hurtful experiences. People are people. I think the more we are different, the more we can help each other grow whether we want to or not. Of course you can grow in a lesbian relationship too. I used to say I needed a wife. I finally got happy with the husband. It was a change in me.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Ive been with a girl at of curiostiy and I fealt like I was having a slumber party with a girlfriend it didn't feel like sex. I definitely rather be with a man even if they are aholes. Just my opinion though.
    Anonymous

• I am a lesbian, and married and truth be told, there are just as many problems as in heterosexual relationships. Being with a woman will not help you escape these things. If you have any other questions about it...you can ask me.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 1:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2010