What is the best cardio machine to drop pounds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• cardio isn't about dropping pounds. Cardio is for CARDIO. Nix the machines and go back to basic weight loss exercises using resistence bands and weights. That advice comes straight from my Physical therapist who is also my personal trainer. I've lost over 40 lbs and I'm lazy but this way works. (plus I eat healthy)

Answer by admckenzie at 10:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• STAIRMASTER 45 min every other day and you will lose weight.To lose weight you need to do cardio.
    Anonymous

• The best cardio equipment that you can use to drop pounds is the one you most enjoy (which means you would do it regularly). In order to lose 1 lb you need to burn 3500 calories. So if you have a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day (meaning you burn 500 calories more than you eat each day) you would lose approximately one pound per week (500 x 7 = 3500). Cardio exercise burns more calories because it elevates the heart rate (more so than lifting weights and toning with a band). However, the muscle that is built by toning actually helps you burn more calories at rest. So, ideally you would want to include muscle toning into your workout regimen. Any cardio equipment will help you lose weight as long as you watch what you eat; toning will expedite the process.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Interval training. You don't need long cardio sessions to lose weight. Google interval training and read about it---some times it has been called turbulence training. Remember--muscle burns more calories than fat--so if you build muscle you will burn more calories over the 24 hour day.
    I would also check out Punch Gym and kettlebells. You get cardio and weight training in one item:-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2009