Can you still lose weight by exercising and not watching what you eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It's all about calories. But I understand, eating late keep you warm at night, but then you have to get up at and burn it off early in the morning. But then again, you're tired before you get to work or watch your kids. If you want to lose weight, eat early and layer up with blankets at night. Eat breakfast and do your workout after work or when your hubby can watch the kids.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 8:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would imagine that as long as your intake (calories) doesn't exceed outtake (work out) it might work but what would be the point? if you are working out that hard to be healthy then why not just eat healthy as well?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Because exercise makes you feel better physically and emotionally! And my point is that you should still lose weight because before i was sitting on my behind all day and now I am burning at least 660 calories a day!
    Anonymous

• It is a simple equation...in order to lose 1 lb you need a 3500 calorie deficit...which means that a lb of body fat equates to approximately 3500 calories. So if you have a calorie deficit of 500 calories per day (meaning that you burn 500 calories more than you eat each day) you would lose approximately one pound per week (500x7=3500). That is the key, you can eat whatever you want, but you have to burn 500 more calories more per day than you have consumed. However, it is easier to lose weight eating "healthier" foods because you can consume more of these since they are often less in calories then "junk" food. To find out how many calories you should be consuming per day use a food journal like livestrong.com which calculates the number of calories based on your weight loss goals (under the daily plate tab).

Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes you can still lose weight but it won't be in a good way. You have to feed your muscles/body the right foods so it can work at its best and muscle burns fat so you def need to be mindful of your protein intake so you help build up your muscles.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Ok i lost 30 pounds in 6 months without working out at all. No drugs no diets. I ate what i wanted when i wanted. I still can't believe i lost weight. First of all i quit drinking soda NO SODA! i started drinking lipton green tea and flavored water, I hate plain water, i cleaned my house everyday i'm not talking about full floor to ceiling cleaning but regular light cleaning, but the way i ate.. I did not eat until i started to feel hungry which was usually about 12 or 1 again i ate just what ever sounded good to me a sandwhich, white rice, eggs and bacon, whatever and than i would eat dinner at about 6 or 7 anything for dinner fried chicken mashed potatoes, tacos whatever i wanted i also stopped drinking milk. Do some research on Green Tea. It does wonders.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 3:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009