Finally started exercising again and gained 2.5 pounds......

This is so discouraging because I am riding the eliptical for at least 30 minutes and some days up to 60 minutes and gained weight! I have only been doing it for 1 week but still. And I know I am probably gaining muscle but it is so irritating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• yep it's muscle.Can you cut calories anywhere? once you gin the muscle, the weiht will start to come off because more uscle burns more fat/calories.Hang in there!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You shouldn't be going by weight but by inches. Muscle weighs more than fat does. Measure your self, see if you have lost inches.

Answer by louise2 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• dont go by weight, go by inches..muscle weighs more than fat plus being a women we will have more water weight from week to week, or just before or after our periods.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You might have gained muscle which weights more than fat. And since its such a small amount of weight, it could be attributed to other things such as bloating (are you about to get your period?), diet...a difference of only 2 1/2 pounds could come from weighing yourself at different times of the day (if the first time you weighed yourself in the morning and the second time was after dinner it would def be higher the second time). Don't get discouraged, just keep at it.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2009