CAN I REQUEST?

OKAY SO I HAVE ACOUPLE QUESTIONS... FOR ANYONE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD OR SOMEONE THAT HAS GONE THROUGH THIS... ALRIGHT

SO I HAVE A CYST ON MY LEFT OVARY.. FOR THE PAST THREE DAYS I'VE BEEN BLEEDING AND HURTING I WENT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM TWICE THE FIRST TIME THEY SAID 'WELL MA'AM THEIRS NOTHING WE CAN DO" AND SENT ME HOME.. WITH NO PAIN MEDS. OR NOTHING.. SO I WENT BACK A DAY AFTER BCUZ I COULD NOT TAKE THE PAIN.. AND THEY SAID 'WELL ITS STILL THEIR HERES SOME VICODIN GO HOME" OK.. SO YESTERDAY I SAW MY DOC AND HE SAID WELL THEIRS NOTHING WE CAN DO IF IT HURTS... WHICH I FIND IT TO BE BULL...

MY QUESTION IS.. CAN I REQUEST FOR THEM TO REMOVE THE CYST? I CANT TAKE THIS GODDAMN PAIN1 I CANT DO NOTHING.. I CANT EVEN PLAY WITH MY SON. I CANT BEND DOWN I CANT DO NOTHING.. I'M ALWAYS NAUSEAS . ICANT EAT I THROW IT UP AND I JUST CANT DEAL WITH THIS PAIN ANYMORE11

CAN I ASK FOR A REMOVAL?? OR NOT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• yes ovarian cysts can be removed. I have had several removed. mind you the recovery after surgery will be no picnic.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 8:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes you can have surgery. I have had two surgeries to remove large cysts. The second time I had a complete hysterectomy.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 8:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't understand why your doctor didn't want to have it removed in the first place. Especially if you have a young child and are in severe pain from it. Yes, I would definitely tell him I want it removed. But like the pp said, you have to be ready for the recovery too. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• OKAY SO I CAN ASK THEM TO HAVE IT REMOVED? LIKE I CAN SAY TO MY DOC " EXCUSE ME I WANT THIS DAMN THING OUT OF ME!?" LOL.. NOT IN THOSE WORDS BUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT?? ITS 4 CM.. AND THEIR TELLING ME THEY HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE IF IT GROWS WHICH THEIR SAYING ITS ALREADY TOO BIG.. SO I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING! BUT THANK YOU!! :)
    Anonymous

• They will only remove the cysts if they are of a certain size. Most cysts break on there on and the pain goes away. I've had several and that is what has had to happen each time. The only way I discovered them was because they ruptured and I went to the ER thinking I was dying.
    Anonymous

• yeah i thought i was dying too so i went to the Er and they said it hasnt ruptured it actually grew a cm... so yeah i'm tripping out bout it.. but i just want this thing out of me!!

my youngest sis had one and they kept telling her.. it'll go away and it never did.. they waited about two yr and it got to the size of a football.. so yeah... when they took that thing out they had to take out everything on the right side the ovary and the tube.. which really sucked!

but i want that sucker out bcuz i'm in pain i cant even walk.. vicodin isnt doign its job or this pain is just to much for it to handle! uhhhg

Anonymous

• I just had surgery scheduled recently due to the pain. Then I had Physical Therapy for something else and they used a machine that shot electrical impulses and it ended up bursting the cyst by accident! I was thrilled. It makes you wonder why dr's don't do that to help us get rid of the pain?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i would go c another doctor. if u have a young child, afamu=ily history and r in pain, u need a second opinion. gl
    Anonymous

• well i've seen three doctors.. and their all telling me the same.. so im thinking of going to l.a county to see what they tell me!
    Anonymous