potty training..

alright so we started potty training my son awhile back and we still dont go it down, he does tell us when he's going to the bathroom in his diaper and stuff. yestrday we went to the mall and he took off his diaper and peed on himself.. but he wont go up to the potty. when i do sit ihm on it he cries.. is he ready?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how old is he? boys are so much harder then girls, I know , we have 6 boys and 2 girls, if your child is under 18 mo. i would not even attemp it.. all my boys were around 2.. get him a little step stool to set infront of the toilet and ask him to make bubbles in the toilet, they think that is really fun. good luck
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 10:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son was doing the same thing - he'll be three in two weeks and refuses to go. I have read that you shouldn't push it. If they don't want to do it, don't force them. However, other people I know go against that.
    richgirljj

Answer by richgirljj at 10:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• make it fun. instead of a diaper do pull ups or those new boxers..Tell him its big boy pants...I am now doing that with my two year old. He always pulled his diaper off and now I have him in pull ups and he is getting ready to start potty training. I don't sit him on the toliet I have him stand on a stool up to the toliet and have him pee like that.
    colins_mommy_06

Answer by colins_mommy_06 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• he's turned two in november. so have him stand?

i shall try that tomorrow! :) thanks girlies!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009