Cramping??

I am 5 wks pregnant and I have been having like light period cramps. Is this normal? BEc I thought it would be since I was supposed to start my period on Saturday, but I took 6 tests on Friday and they all said pregnant. I took the clear blue digital ones. Well, Im supposed to be 5 wks starting tomorrow. Can anyone please help? I get cramps, and my lower back starts to hurt.

rachwater

Asked by rachwater at 9:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 4 weeks pregnant and am having cramps on and off I actually asked the same question you did but haven't gotten any answers yet. I hope it is normal for both our sakes :)
    Jules3783

Answer by Jules3783 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would call your doctor just to be safe, but I was told when I was pregnant with my second daughter that as long as it isnt too bad it can be normal. But I still called cause I would rather know. I hope everything turns out ok for you! Let me know what you find out.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Hope this helps, another mom answered this for me recently:

other reasons you could be cramping so bad are because as your uterus grows and stretches to make room for the new bean, it can result in cramping pains as your organs are being shifted around. Here is a link: http://www.umm.edu/pregnancy/000088.htm (update adobe shockwave if it doesn't work for you), use the slider at the bottom and it shows how the babe and uterus grow inside you... as you see your organs shifting, it is so much easier to understand why you might be cramping. Hope that helps

oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 9:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• it definitely is normal. when i was pregnant i had constant cramps in my first trimester. actually, i didnt find out i was pregnant until i was 7 weeks along, and before that i assumed my period was going to come any day because of the cramping. at times it may be kind of bad too. the things you want to watch out for are bleeding and cramps so bad that your doubled over in pain. anything worse then a period cramp is something you should talk to your doctor about. but you sound to me like your perfectly normal and perfectly healthy! congrats on the pregnancy!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am having the same exact symptoms and am 7 weeks prego. I thought I was about to get my period and found out I'm about to get a baby.... in 7 months, ha ha.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 1:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009