flu like symptoms while teething

is it true that some babies get flu like symptoms when they teeth i mean my son has 2 bottom teeth so far and he seems to be very ratterly in the chest and a really runny nose and a bad cough it onlt happend when he started teething.

jacksonsmumm908

Asked by jacksonsmumm908 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My kids were sniffly when they teethed but I would be concerned about the chest rattling, that usually doesn't happen with teething.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 9:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• you need to take him to a pediatrician because it could b a ear infection or the real flu so we cant tell you its only teeth. when you have a young baby don't ever wait it out, its a pain for some parent to run to the pediatrician all the time but its a must take it form experience.
    youmakemydreams

Answer by youmakemydreams at 11:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• A runny nose and a slight fever are common. But not a congested chest or bad cough. He may have a cold too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009