For those who had morning sickness...

My SO and I are thinking of trying to conceive our 2nd child. I had very bad morning sickness with my first pregnancy-i vomited every 30 minutes, everyday for 6 weeks. I lost 30 lbs and had to be hospitalized twice for dehydration and low potassium. My worry is that i will have it bad again with the second pregnancy. I was wondering if you had ms with your first, did you have it with your second?

alexsmomma06

Asked by alexsmomma06 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had it like that with my first and spent much time in the hospital also because of it. My second pregnancy wasn't as bad; I only ended up in the hospital once. Then with pregnancy 3 & 4, I didn't even have a twinge of nausea. So, you won't know until you're in your next pregnancy. Every person and every pregnancy is different. So, If you want another baby... I say go for it. Good luck!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I was just as bad 1st pregnancy. Yes it was just as bad with the second pregnancy. I know some people who never experienced morning sickness though.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yeah it was the same for me with all 3 pregnancies unfortunately.

Keep in mind though--each person and preg is different and you might not have it as bad.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I was sick the whole time with my first. With the second I was sick for 3 months and then felt wonderful. :) Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• well i had no morning sickness at all with my first 4 pregnancies but im 4 months pregnant now and i have been having morning sickness since day one so not every pregnancy is the same each one is different and will bring different symptoms
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009