water breaking question...

with my son i had to have my water broken does that effect this time or just depend on if my body decideds to do it on its own or not? I am not sure sorry if this seems dumb. I coudl always just find out when the time come lol. I was just wondering if it depends on your body or if it break easier the second time and so on or if it was broke once it had to be broken again that kind of thing. Thanks ladies.

mocamomma22

Asked by mocamomma22 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its not dumb it all depends on youre body. my sister in law had her water broke the first time and the second time it broke by her self.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the first answer, it is definitely not a dumb question. to the best of my knowledge it makes no difference what happened in the past. Every pregnancy is completely and totally different, and what you went through before wont effect this pregnancy!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• they had to break my water for all 3 pregnancies. but that doesn't mean you won't have your water break on it's own,
    Anonymous

• I read that only like 20% of women have their water break outside of the hospital/medical care... so chances are it may not break on it's own -- at least not while you're at home but that has nothing to do with your previous experience. :) It's certainly not a dumb question. Your sac is a totally new one for this baby, so it has no bearing what happened in previous pregnancies. Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Just so you know, you don't ever NEED your water broken. It'c completely safe for the baby to be born in the amniotic sac, although rare.

So no, you don't need your water broken if it didn't break on it's own with your 1st. What happens in other pregnancies does not dictate what happens in your future pregnancies. With my son my water broke without contractions. With my daughter, it broke 10 minutes before I pushed her out.
    Anonymous

• You don't NEED to have it broken ("AROM"). It will break prior to labor or in labor. OR AFTER, by you/midwife/doctor.
    There are some big risks that come with AROM.
    10% of women have PROM, (no labor, broken water).

If mom & baby are healthy, letting nature run her course it SAFEST.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Hey, anon, that's what I was saying, lol!!

I had PROM for 8 days prior to labor with first baby.
    And ruptured when crowning with the second.

Every baby is different. Every labor is unique. Trusting in th normal process helps baby to arrive most safely! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009