how do i get my lil girl to stop touching things so much

i tell her no and spank her but she still does it.

happymom215

Asked by happymom215 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• touching is how kids her age learn...if you dont want her to touch things move them to a location she can not get to. When my kids were small, some touched everything, and others didnt, so with my kids that did I just moved all the important things I did not want broken out oft there reach, as they get older the touching thing will stop
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• REMEMBER NEVER MOVE ANY OF THE ITEMS YOU DONT WANT HER TO TOUCH JUST TELL HER NO THAT ITS NOT TOUCH BUT TO LOOK AT FOR PRETTY IF U START MOVING THINGS WHEN SHE IS YOUNG THEN SHE WILL START TOUCHING EVERYTHING JUST TO UPPSET U
    ONLY_MY_SON

Answer by ONLY_MY_SON at 11:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I believe in making the home a child friendly environment so she can safely explore. If you have to spend all day saying "no" for toucing, it's going to start loosing it's meaning. I think some things should just be put away during toddler years. Other yes if you want them out then just give a firm no, and then distract her.

You need to pick and choose your battles or you will always be yelilng and shouting no, and it's not creating a positive environment and eventually they are just going to tune you out.

Also at 1-2 year old may understand no, but still lacks "impulse control.' That is why it's up to you to create at least small play are for her where she is free to touch all she wants. Some children are "seekers" and learn best that way. Make sure to put blocks, balls, squishy toys etc..at her level.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2009