How do I wean my 11 month old off of a bottle?

She doesn't want any sippy cup I try and I'm worried about milk pooling around her teeth. Also she relies on it to go to bed and won't drink water. UGH

ytsebeth

Asked by ytsebeth at 9:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The bottle at bedtime is BAD I have seen what it can do to teeth too many times!! Take that away cold turkey for the health of your child. She will cry for a few nights, but it has to be done. you wouldn't refuse a shot that your child needed to make her well just because it would make her cry, you shouldn't do that with night time bottles either. As for day time, Get those nuby cups with a silicone sippy spout. It makes the best transistion cup. Start giving her a real cup in the bathtub to practice drinking from. You would be suprised how soon she will be able to use a real cup better than a sippy cup.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 9:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My DD gave up her bottle at 11mnths she perffered to drink out of those straw cups maybe try those, i started with juice the when she got the hang of it then i put milk in it!!
    Anonymous