• In the Spotlight:

what is the best amount to eat?

how much should you eat (calories, amounts of food ect) per day while having a strict work out rutine, i find now that i am no longer pregnant i dont have an appitite but i try and eat a few snacks such as apples with peanut butter and bananas. i know its not enough and i am finding myself gaining the wieght back cause i dont eat right.... can anyone give me good tip on what i should be eating?

KAIDENSMOMI

Asked by KAIDENSMOMI at 9:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• you should be eating a well balanced diet including carbs and meat. you want to eat 5 small meals a day. that is the best way to keep your metabolism going all day long
    Anonymous

• you are gaining weight back bc your body thinks it's starving so it's storing food as fat. Eat more often. I eat six times a day. That is 3 meals and 3 snacks. makes sure you eat something for breakfast to jumpstart your metabolism. I try for 1700 calories a day but not over 2000. I watch my fat grams. Portions should fit in the palm of your hand. Drink lots of water. As mentioned, eat a good balance of carbs and protein. Make sure you eat fiber. I do a simple workout with resistance bands and weights. I do not to anything high impact. I've lost over 40 lbs. I'm lazy so I keep it simple. I also am in Physical Therapy for some muscle problems and have great professionals as my personal trainers! They don't recommend running or jogging or stairs, just the simple stretches. I love that part and it works!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• admckenzie is right, if you don't eat enough your body is going to think its starving and hold on to every pound it can. They say 1800 calories is good when you're trying to lose weight. Obviously make sure those calories are coming mostly from healthy foods, but you can't starve yourself and expect to lose weight.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009