I should be so happy 34 weeks

I don't know whats come over me but I'm not excited anymore about anything, my only concern is my 8 year old son and I'm having feelings like guilt for making this baby. I love my son so much... Will I love this baby as much as I love my 8 year old? I'm in the process of moving and my guy is taking the stuff over to the new house little by little but thats getting me nervious for some reason. My baby shower is this Sat. and my friend invited some guys to my baby shower after i told her just girls... I cant disinvite them bc i dont want to be rude... I feel like she invited them for her.... I mean they're my friends but I just wanted girls. She said she forgot... My guy is a very jealous man so I just wanted girls.... I feel like I can't please anyone and I just want to hide. I don't feel like having the baby shower bc I'm so emotional. I hate being so emotional... Any advice to kick the blues :(

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 9:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm very emotional to. I know how you feel especially trying to keep the peace around your house. My question to you is will your guy be at the shower? Some men don't go.
    If he isn't then let him know there will be a few guys there but your friend is the one that invited them. You don't want to make it seem like it was a secret. That will make matter worst.
    I know what your going through and trust you will get passed it.

Take care and good luck!!!
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Thank you so much! I did tell him and he seemed a bit pist. He's was going to do the pop in.... I think that bc the guys will be there he might feel obligated to stay now.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 10:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Good luck to you too... :)
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 10:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I like to watch those TLC and Discovery shows like Babies Special Delivery - and just let myself cry. Sometimes just admitting you're a hormonal mess and getting it OUT makes you feel so much better! As for your son... Maybe take a day off from thinking about the baby for a few hours -- go with your son somewhere he would like for lunch -- Chuck E Cheese, Incredible Pizza? Play a bunch of video games, putt putt, something silly and fun. Just have some quality time with your 8 year old. When you have some time, consider buying him a "Big Brother" gift. To give to him at the hospital -- one of my friends did this for our son and I thought it was awesome. If he has a Nintendo DS - a game for it, or something similar. It doesn't have to be hugely expensive - just something special for him on the big day. Good luck Momma! You'll make it.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009