How long does this last? TMI

After giving birth, how long are you supposed to have that goopy bloody discharge?? I'm 15 days PP, and still getting it. I had a lot of complications with giving birth, so I'm wondering if this is normal or not.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've heard of some women having it for 9 weeks, but I think it is generally 4-6 weeks for most women... before that I thought, yes! 9 months of no periods... but then bam! 5 weeks to make up for it! In my opinion that and everyone sticking their hands up your girly bits is the worst part of labor... give me the pain over the invasiveness (and I have c-sections too!) and the never ending period any day of the week and twice on sunday!
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I bled for about 4 weeks after birth.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I bled for about 3 weeks then I was okay after my first
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yeah i bled for like 4-5 weeks. Totally normal. Sorry hunny, just hang in there!
    AlyssaH87

Answer by AlyssaH87 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i bled for weeks and weeks it was like never ending but if the clumps or clots gets bigger than quater size u should call ur doctor
    iloveshealyn

Answer by iloveshealyn at 10:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i bled for 3 months lol and yes my dr said everything was ok with me i just bled that much
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i bled for 8 weeks, and the goopy blood should slow down as you go, it should get less goopy and more bright red soon, like maybe in the next 5 days : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I bled for 6 weeks after delivery for both my pregnancy's
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:25 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I didnt bleed at all with my first. With my second I bled for 3wks with this baby I am 7days pp and bleed one day then not the next then I bleed the day after that. It is different for everyone but I think it is normal to bleed for WEEKS after but if it is excessive or BIG clots then you should see your doc.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I always read that 6 weeks is the norm.
    Coincidentally, it's exactly what I'd had with both my deliveries, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:33 AM on Jan. 15, 2009