Can I have SEX now???

My baby is 4 weeks old and please don't mind me but I am so H&^%$&...U know what I mean...I feel so bad cuz the whole time I was prego I didn't want nothing to do with him but now I just want to....Please help!!!

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did after 3 weeks and it was fine, just a tiny bit of soreness. Even if you're not done bleeding, that's a personal choice if you want to do it. Go for it, just go slow and stop if it hurts
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If you feel ready for it, the doctor doesn't see anything wrong with it and don't have any stitches then go for it. I waited 4 weeks with my fiance and everything was fine. My doctor even asked if we had tried yet at my 6 weeks appointment and when I told him he asked if everything went ok and I said yeah so he didn't have any problems with it either.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• They recommend 6 weeks, but if you're feeling up to it, and you're not bleeding, I'd say it's fine. Most people don't wait the whole 6 weeks..
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 10:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Although it is a personal decision you really should wait. Your body is healing (internally) from having a baby. You can also get pregnant so if you do use protection. Again, it is a personal decision. You can also try foreplay and wait until you see your OB/GYN.
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem that through most of my pregnancy i didn't want nothing to do with my fiance. So we didn't wait 2 weeks before we did it. But it's a personal decision. Only you know your body and how much it can take. So go for it girl..!!
    KiBURi_JRzMoMMy

Answer by KiBURi_JRzMoMMy at 2:28 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If you have stitches down there I'd still wait because it makes sex very uncomfortable. Try all those "other" things with you SO, you know the things we never do because we go straight for the sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My epeziotomy tore, which led to another incision, and many stitches. I didnt fully heal where sex didnt hurt till 8 month. Each person is different. Do what you feel is ok with you- I would wait till after your 6 week check up though.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If you feel comfortable, aren't bleeding from the birth, and any episiotomies are healed, there's no reason to not enjoy yourself. Just keep in mind, you might experience a bit of discomfort and it can re-trigger some bleeding if it's too close to the initial healing.
    But, overall, at four weeks, you should be safe as long as you take it slow and make it comfy for you.
    morganaross

Answer by morganaross at 3:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009