POTTY TRAINING??

I HAVE AN 11MONTHS OLD BABY AND SHES ALMOST TURNING 1.HOW DO I START POTTY TRAINING HER?

CASPER956

Asked by CASPER956 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best bet is to wait until she is ready. That's usually around 2. Then you take her to the potty often until she gets the idea. Then put her in panties and keep a close eye on her until she is old enough to tell you she needs to go or just goes on her own - that's usually before 3.
    If you start now, just take her to the potty every half hour until she gets it. Do not force her to sit on the potty. As she gets older, she will learn to tell you she needs to go or will just go on her own - that's usually before 3.
    No matter which you choose, she will be fully trained at about the same age. So - starting now means you will have lots more work but possibly fewer diapers, you can also "brag" that you are potty training now. Starting when she is ready means lots less work, probably more diapers, and you get to tell nosy relatives to back off.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If you want to wait until she is ready, you can "start" now by letting her see you go, talking about what you do in the bathroom, talking about what she does in her diaper, reading her storybooks, etc.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I started my DD at 12 months. I would take her to the bathroom whenever I had to go and put her on her potty and sing a "potty" song. This was jus to get her used to it and feel comfortable with it. I didn't have any expectations. She's 17 months now and though I have not been consistent, she goes on the potty and has done both pee and poop in them. I always reward her with a sticker when she goes and I make a BIG deal about it. She's not got it entirely but, she's close. She will go to the bathroom door to let me know she has to go or she might tell me potty sometimes and I take her and she does a potty. Most of the time I just catch her at the right time (in the morning and after a nap is best). I think I'll probably have her doing it by the time she is 2 and that would be great.
    VirgoMom807

Answer by VirgoMom807 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I found this website once: http://www.pottytimeinc.com and all my friends swear by it. Try it out!
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2009