How long did you try before starting to look into adoption?

We're to almost the 18 month mark of trying to conceive our second child finding out that the problem is with both of us including a problem with repeated early pregnancy loss. At this point I will be happy with a baby as long as they are alive even if they look nothing like me or even have a disability or siblings coming with them. I do worry because it will be a few years till we can put our application in and I worry because I know that you can be on the waiting list for years,I've also heard that it can hurt your chances of being picked if you already have children. I'm a natural worrier about everything.

How long did you try before seriously looking into adoption? Does having other children hurt your chances of being picked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2012 in Adoption

• I have a friend that tried for 2 year and then did adoption, she went to china bc they have so many babies that need love and that was her second child I say just look in to it more ,go to different sites that ia what she did
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 11:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2012

• I didn't "try" ever for a bological child. We always wanted to expand our family through adoption. For us adoption wasn't a second option it was always a first choice.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2012

• We knew at 16 that we would adopt one day. We got married when we were 20, but we were too young to adopt from China as their law was 35 at the time. We ttc for 7 years before getting pregnant on Clomid. Our dd was stillborn at 36 weeks. By this time, China had just lowered their age requirement to 30. We were 28, so we waited and saved for another 2 years before beginning the process. We brought our dd home 2 years later and she has been home for 5 years now. Eight months after we came home from China we found out that I was pregnant with our third dd.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 1:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• Didn't really "try" at all. Yes, we have a biological child and a second on the way, but adoption was something we already discussed and knew we wanted to do before we got married. It isn't a matter of trying or *if* we adopt, it is just a matter of when.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 4:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• We had been married and ttc for about 3 years before we began to seriously look into adoption. At that point we pursued both avenues toward parenthood. We basically told God that He could decide how our children would come to us, and He chose adoption. It took about four years both times from the time we started trying to choose an agency until our child was placed with us.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2012

• I have known since I was a child that I would adopt. DH did as well. Even before we tried to have our own, we talked about adoption.

After 2 years and 5 miscarriages, we started the adoption process.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 12:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2012