wth

is it my problem if DH has a bad day at work? maybe he should be here when i am trying to clean and baby is right behind me messin it all up again or when i really need to do laundry but cant cuz she won't take a nap and washer and dryer are in the basement.or when i do get the entire house clean and the other kids come home and trash it in five minutes. gee is his day really worse then mine

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Stress is stress is stress. Your day is as important as his...your stress and Dh's stress are just different.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 11:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• All I can say is that I know how you feel. It is just a little bump that happens in marriage regardless of if you work in or outside of the home. Hugs to you!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No, it's not your fault. Like the pp said though, it's just a bump, and it is going to happen. When SO and I have both had bad days we have learned to just put it aside until we have both calmed down. Then we will both vent to each other, and that seems to work for us. We usually end up laughing about it all in the end. When he comes home in a bad mood, just tell him you have had a bad day too, and we can talk about it when the kids are in bed and we're both able to relax. If he doesn't want to let it go, or is upsetting you even more, just ignore it. His bad days are NOT superior. *HUGS*
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I understand your husband's frustration. A bad day at work can add up in the eyes of an employer, hense closer to the potential of getting fired. Nowadays, this is a fear greater than most all fears, especially when there's a family to afford. Everyday I go home after a bad day at work, I wonder how it will affect me in the future. You don't have to worry about this just over undone laundry.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:54 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• bluesaphire you are misunderstanding me. is my day less important then his. is my stress less stressful than his?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My DH used to be this way when I was a stay at home mom... so I had him watch the kids all weekend while I helped my sister move. By sunday night he was flipping out, said he couldn't do it, how the heck could I? since then, he's almost GLAD to go to work no matter how bad the job is! (and his job at the time was pretty bad, thank god he switched companies and is much happier now!)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Stress over undone laundry and kids getting on your nerves, or stress over your job, meeting production goals, not getting fired, keeping a paycheck coming in to feed you and those kids, and keeping you able to be at home worrying about laundry.....
    Yes I would say his stress is greater than yours. What I wouldn't give if my only "stress" was messy kids and laundry...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's good to vent! and I totally feel your pain.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009