Just joined the gym and want to lose a couple pounds and tone up. How?

What do I need to be doing? So far i have just been doing the eliptical and some weight machines! I got my free trainer session but felt sick on my stomach and did not get to ask all the questions that i wanted!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Your best bet is to do some weight lifting/training as well. I would recommend doing cardio first to get your heart rate up...switch it around, do the eliptical one day, treadmill then maybe the bike or a aerobics class. Otherwise your body will stop reacting to the activity as well and won't burn the weight as quickly.

Also after your heart rate has been elevated you burn calories at twice the rate. So then go and focus on your arms one day, back/shoulders one day, legs another. You can focus on your tummy every day. Give your muscle groups breaks in between days.

Another good thing is to watch other people. While you're doing cardio watch other women and see what exercises they do. I've learned TONS from them.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You're trainer should have set up a workout plan with you before you even went out on the floor. He should have taken measurements and discussed your goals. I'd go back and talk to the manager. You should get another training session and get all this taken care of.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Do 40 minutes of cardio like treadmills, eclipticals etc... Lift light weights and do sits-up. In order to see good results you might want to exercise 4x a week.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2009