Christians fighting against each other?

I see Christians here nitpicking and saying that so and so demoniation is not Christian because they do not believe lalalala. What I do not get is I have been to many different churches and there are different beliefs in all of them. I have visited a Church of Christ church where they said if you were not Church of Christ you go to hell. That was different than what I heard at the Baptist church that said if you accept Christ you are saved. I have also been to a Pentacostal church that said if you do not wear modest clothing you do not get into heaven. Then there are the LDS which have their own additional scriptures, and the Catholics who pay notice to various Saints. There are differences in all of those religions, yet my religion (I am a JW) is called not Christian because we don't believe in the Trinity. Why are some differences pulled out while others are not? I feel like we are all Christian.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• *falls asleep*
    It doesn't matter. You know in your heart what you are so leave it at that.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, I think that everyone has a different take on what the Bible etc says, and that noone has the right to say who is right or wrong. People just want to fight..Religious fighting goes back thousands of years...Nothing will cahnge it.
    Anonymous

• there are those that will tell other Christians they are not true Christians. Isn't that ludacris!
    Anonymous

• I can't stand it when some say they are "better christians" than everyone else. Judge and jury for god himself.
    Anonymous

• I got called a demon on here by another member.. No lie. and I'm christian! lol
    But that woman was seriously psycho and a lot of people don't like her.
    Anonymous

• That's one reason I stopped being a Christian. I refuse to belong to a religion where certain members bash other members over petty differences. I'm much happier being agnostic.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:13 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It's the same in virtually all religions. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism -- you name it -- they all have several denominations within their religions. They all agree on the same core beliefs within that particular religion... it's in the details that people sway in this direction or that. People throughout history have interpreted certain things in different ways... and *POOF*, you've got different denominations. It's not unique to Christianity.

But you're right.... no matter if you are Catholic or Baptist or Methodist or whatever... you are still a Christian.... no matter if you study Tibetan, Zen, Pure Life, Mayahana, Theravada or whatever... you are still Buddhist... and so forth
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I agree with Laura1229.

I'm Pentecostal, and my church ( as in the one I go to, I don't speak for all) believe that as long as you have faith in God, you will go to Heaven. but I think it's a lot like how some parents think their child is better than all others b/c it's theirs.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 11:25 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't go to church anymore for that very reason. Only God can judge.

I studied different religeons and the Bible gives me peace, with Christ as my Savior. I refuse to judge anyone else, it's not my business.

People should study and decide for themselves.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:27 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i have used this quote from my own pastor before, and i think it fits here. he always says "there are some christians who are so heavenly minded they are no earthly good." christians need to be careful about going off in the ditch in the "my religion is different than your religion, so you are wrong and i am right". i mean they need to be careful about having that attitude towards other christians. when you feel that way, and think your christianity is superior to anothers christianity, it isnt about God anymore. its about spiritual pride. thats a no no in Gods book...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009