bruising easily?

my baby seems to be bruising easily lately. He has lots of little bruises on his legs and I don't even know what they are from. Maybe when I lift his legs up to change his diaper but that shouldn't leave bruises, I don't squeeze too hard or anything. What does this mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need to take him to a doctor, it could be something as simple as low iron or as bad as child leukemia, i would definitely have it checked out
    Anonymous

• TRY GIVING HIM MORE IRON IT WILL HELP IF IT DOESNT THEN TAKE HIM TO THE DOC
    ONLY_MY_SON

Answer by ONLY_MY_SON at 11:14 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• A trip to the doctor will ease your fears or set you on the road to help. Call in the morning.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would mention it to the doctor, but I do have to say both my children bruise easily on their legs. It's weird. We felt the same way as you, but I know my kids are fine because they have both had extensive testing, one even for cancer, for other issues and they are fine. So maybe it's something else...or maybe in some kids it's "normal."

The older they both got it seemed to be less and less, but as infants, toddlers I thought they had a lot too. Hope that helps and good luck.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:57 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• He may have low iron or maybe even enemic! mention it to the dr... Good luck
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Take him to the doc, he may be anemic. There are formulas that help this. Is your baby old enough for table foods/ 1st foods? Try meats like chicken and turkey, in whatever form is age appropriate. That will help too.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:11 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Take him to the doctor. They will try to pinpoint what is causing it. It is probably nothing to worry about, but more than that, if your baby bruises easily, you need it documented by your physician.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2009