How do you keep a crawling baby safe while sleeping in bed with you?

our son is now 7 months old and crawling and we are afraid he is going to crawl right off the bed. We are not having good luck with him in his crib so we are looking for advise on how to keep him safe while he is still sleeping with us. any advise would be great.

Kellie591

Asked by Kellie591 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get him to sleep in his own bed
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:35 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• put him in the middle thats what i do.. or you can get those side protectors that you put on toddler beds.....
    stephany21

Answer by stephany21 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• side protectors
    SassyMommyBllck

Answer by SassyMommyBllck at 12:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i wake up when he moves but if you're concerned a bedrail might be the way to go.
    during naptime i put him to bed in our family bed and use a bedrail to protect him.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• MY 7 MONTH OLD FELL OFF OUR ONLY BECOUSE SHE WAS ALONE I THOUGHT SHE WAS SLEEPING,,I HAVE OUR BED UP AGINST THE WALL AND SHE SLEEPS IN BETWEEN US AND I ROTATE HER SO SOMETIMES SHE SLEEPS BY THE WALL
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Omg Idk thats a good question... We didn't do much of the baby sleeping in our bed thing because it made us so nerves. B/f knew a couple that lost their baby because it slept in bed with them and ya... It wouldn't hurt to try letting your baby sleep in a crib or something instead, but if you don't want to do that I would put the bed against two walls... because that eliminates two sides to fall off. Or if your willing just put your box and mat on the floor so the fall would be a lot shorter.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would try putting the crib right next to your bed. I am betting that would help, and you will sleep a whole lot better. :)
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 15, 2009