is it bad when baby is distressed?????

Today at the hospital the nurse said my baby was distressed. is that bad??? she showed me where on the monitor it showed that and it was in my opinion a lot of times where it showed her being distressed..

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it can be .. id think they would have you to try to relax to take stress off baby
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• :) owennnnn :)

lol.
    idk i left the hospital not feeling confident with the results and conclusion they gave me of why i was in there.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• isnt that bad? like if they fail the stress test arent they supposed to induce you?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ive done that before ... lol sometimes drs are just ugh
    just sit back relax prop your feet up be lazy lol drink lots of water just incase just to make sure baby is not stressed ya know ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• idk...i have no idea. i thought it was bad. i was in there because i thought my water broke. it came out 3 different times and was a good amount and i KNOW it was not pee. i just know lol.

ive been in there in the past for contractions too and before they said i was dilated and now this time they said im NOT dilated. i dont feel confident with what they told me there.

idk. i dont feel secure with the results i guess...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• is there another ER you can go to ? are you going to the ER or labor and delivery ? i know most ER drs are just lol stupid i knwo the ones here are
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• LOL no i went to labor and delivery.

can i get another persons opinion on this?

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS WHAT THEY SAID IS WEIRD? IF YOU WERE IN MY POSITION AND WERE TOLD INFORMATION BEFORE AND NOW THEY ARE TELLING YOU SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WOULDNT YOU THINK WTH??
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i would think they're ridiculous.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• well....distressed doesnt sound good to me.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If your baby is in distress, I would think that they would induce you to deliver the baby ASAP! A baby in distress is not good for the baby. Did they do an ultrasound to check on the baby and monitor the heart? I always thought that if a baby is in distress, there is that immediate need to deliver the baby.... I could be wrong, but I had a similar situation and my baby needed to be delivered quickly. I would call up your doc and let them know what the nurse said and that you are extremely concerned about it.
    mommylovesthree

Answer by mommylovesthree at 12:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2009