Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Question about Military LES STATE INCOME TAX FOR W-2

I checked today on mypay and the new w-2 is on there. What i want to know is under state income tax it says $613. Why and do we pay that cuz last years state income tax says $8.
And my husband doesnt under stand why when he was still in tbe army active duty all if 2011. Officially his last day in the army was NOVEMBER 4, 2011. THATS A AHUGE CHUNK IF WE HAVE TO PAY PLUS PAYING H&R

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2012 in Military

Answers (4)
  • What state was he stationed in and what state do you live in now? Also, don't take your taxes to H & R Block, do them yourself at It is free for military.

    Answer by JeremysMom at 3:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

  • Your W2 doesn't list how much you owe. It has how much you already paid. The state took $613 from you. When you file state taxes you might get that back.

    Answer by HollyBoBolly at 10:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2012

  • Your husband's W-2 was listed with active because he was active during 2011. Your W-2 isn't how much you owe -- it's how much you paid in. File your taxes with the W-2 and you might receive a refund.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 25, 2012

  • I agree with xxlilmomma09 , that is how much they took. You can also see if you can file at the tax center on base, those guys are great with doing the taxes.

    Answer by NaiveDream at 5:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.