How do you clean your glass top stove?

With money being tight, I don't want to spend on special cleaners for my stove. I clean the top with a degreaser and Comet, but it still needs help. I just cant get rid of the rings around the burners. Do you ladies have any (cheap) secrets that keep your glass stove top looking like new? Please share......

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 10:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• YIKes..SOS on a glass top. If you are talking about a radiant top range son't ever use something abrasive. You will cause micro scratches that compromise the safety of your range. My brothers first wife used SOS on hers and 3 months later it exploded. The company proved the top had been 'scarred by unauthorized cleaners" I only use Ceramabrite" on mine. One bottle is like 5 bucks but it lasts way over a year
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Greased lightning. Let it sit for a few minutes or longer it will get that right up. Use windex after to shine it up.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:10 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I acyually use dishwasher det. Like the powder kind. It makes for a good scrub and I usually spray some pine sol or windex with it. Good Luck they are a pain!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• have you tried using magic eraser? i don't use the brand name, but the generic. if you are close to a dollartree, they usually have them. clean off what you can with just a soapy cloth. then the magic eraser to get the rest. i have had very good luck with this, especially when my boys decide to cook, because they are the messiest. if i were you, i wouldn't use comet or any other abrasive cleaner, because over time it will scratch and dull your cooktop.
    1hpygrl

Answer by 1hpygrl at 9:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• a razor blade. scrape it off. they make them especially for glass top stoves and they are around 3 dollars.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I use an SOS pad.. and warm/hot soapy water.. it works like a charm.. at least on mine!!
    Illinoismomof_3

Answer by Illinoismomof_3 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 19, 2008