My daughter stopped potty training.

My daughter is 3 years old and she had begun to potty train herself and she was doing really well for about a couple of months and then she had gotten a little cut on her tushie and it was painful for her to use the potty and now she refuses to use the toilet because she says it hurts.....she is once again using diapers. Does anyones have any suggestions? I have tried to explain to her that her owie is all gone but she just wont try anymore.

my2babies918

Asked by my2babies918 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just give her time. There is no constitutional law that says they have to be potty trained by age 3. Kids do this a lot. She will pick it back up-she just needs to get over the fear, if she feels she is in control of pottying instead of you, she will do better.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• This is just me but i would have never put her back in diapers!! I would have made her go on the potty but my kids were all done by 2 cause i MADE them and it only took about a week that way!! but pacifiers and 4 yr olds in diapers are my biggest pet peeve!! but its just my opinion GOOD LUCK!!!

scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I aggree with hw1977 post i would just try little by little to try to get her back on the potty.
    demonfairy23

Answer by demonfairy23 at 1:32 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I dont have an answer.My daughter is 4 and she doesnt potty anymore!I had her almost trained at 2.I dont know what happened I think it was when she fell of the toilet. :(
    welltesterchick

Answer by welltesterchick at 9:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009