My son has a yeast infection :( How do I get rid of it?

He is 9 months and I have tried all sorts of creams destines cream and it's been a week and has not went away! It must be from his diapers I change him all the time and wipe him good so why would he have a yeast infection at 9 months?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bump

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• Regular diaper creams won't get rid of a yeast infection. You'll need a prescription from the dr. You could also try applying plain yogurt (make sure it's plain)

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• How about Motestat I did that for my daughter she is 2 yrs old

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• take him to a doctor

Answer by iwicked at 5:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• He needs to go to the doctor.

Answer by LoViNmYbAbIeSs at 5:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• You should take him to the dr. to be sure it is a yeast infection. Plus, Monestat can burn like hell... I used it recently and almost went through the ceiling it hurt so much!

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• Monostat is fine. It burns inside the vaginal, but no so much externally.

• My pediatrician told me that boys, due to the way there anatomy is external, can't get yeast infections. Call the doctor to find out what it is.

Answer by robinkane at 8:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• Your dr. is wrong.

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• I talked to my Mom on the phone for some advice and she said since she is a nurse that it could be a yeast infection since boys do get them. There is another name for them though for boys. But anyways he just got off Amoxicilon last month he was very sick! Well... I checked his temp tonight and it's not good 102.4 :( So I am taking him into Urgent Care we are supposed to have a huge ice storm which is happening right now so I am so nervous prayers would be awesome! My daughter was sick christmas eve :( it was so sad she was very bad. But better now! Also My son his ear is red so he could have a ear infection so I will be at the docs as soon as my hubby comes home from work. I wanted to go to bed early tonight too lol Wont happen :(

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2012