My son has a yeast infection :( How do I get rid of it?

He is 9 months and I have tried all sorts of creams destines cream and it's been a week and has not went away! It must be from his diapers I change him all the time and wipe him good so why would he have a yeast infection at 9 months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• Regular diaper creams won't get rid of a yeast infection. You'll need a prescription from the dr. You could also try applying plain yogurt (make sure it's plain)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• How about Motestat I did that for my daughter she is 2 yrs old
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• take him to a doctor
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 5:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• He needs to go to the doctor.
    LoViNmYbAbIeSs

Answer by LoViNmYbAbIeSs at 5:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• You should take him to the dr. to be sure it is a yeast infection. Plus, Monestat can burn like hell... I used it recently and almost went through the ceiling it hurt so much!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• Monostat is fine. It burns inside the vaginal, but no so much externally.
    Anonymous

• My pediatrician told me that boys, due to the way there anatomy is external, can't get yeast infections. Call the doctor to find out what it is.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• Your dr. is wrong.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• I talked to my Mom on the phone for some advice and she said since she is a nurse that it could be a yeast infection since boys do get them. There is another name for them though for boys. But anyways he just got off Amoxicilon last month he was very sick! Well... I checked his temp tonight and it's not good 102.4 :( So I am taking him into Urgent Care we are supposed to have a huge ice storm which is happening right now so I am so nervous prayers would be awesome! My daughter was sick christmas eve :( it was so sad she was very bad. But better now! Also My son his ear is red so he could have a ear infection so I will be at the docs as soon as my hubby comes home from work. I wanted to go to bed early tonight too lol Wont happen :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2012