is my 15 month old too young to color

SassyMommyBllck

Asked by SassyMommyBllck at 12:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could certainly introduce coloring. I recommend the big, chubby Crayola washable crayons that are easy for a toddler to hold, and of course, are non-toxic. My son really enjoyed coloring at that age. I always put him in the high chair to color and only gave him two colors at a time (one for each hand). I showed him very simply how to make lines on the paper and he really enjoyed it. He was not interested in putting them in his mouth. If your child does want to eat them, just try again in a week or two.

FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 12:56 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Put a crayon in her hand and see what she does with it.

Color a picture together.

Each child is different.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my DD ate them at first but now she loves to color...she is 14 months
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:03 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Can't hurt to try, as long as you keep an eye on her! My oldest starting colouring very young (I can't remember exactly when, but my 24 mo old still tries to eat the crayons! lol
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My daughter is 15 months and she "colors" sometimes she actually makes contact with the paper, other times she just lines the crayons up and looks at the coloring book like a book lol...but she likes it! We have the special crayola crayons that are supposed to be easy for toddlers to hold....the crayon is actually inside of a little toy.....kinda shaped like a weeble. (You can get them at wal-mart). Also if your looking for things like that to do with you baby, my daughter has been finger painting since she was about 6months old...lol....The only reason I even let her try so early is because my husband was in Iraq and that was the only thing I could think of she could do for him. But anyways, I just put the paint on her hands and let her do her thing!
    usmcmom29

Answer by usmcmom29 at 5:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009