So I heard a mom talk about ...

So I heard a mom talk about "phantom kicks" does anyone know what that is??? I am not pregnant I have my daughter who is almost 11months old and I am just curious.

dimpledotz

Asked by dimpledotz at 10:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Phantom kicks is what a woman feels after she has her baby, or after a baby passes away and she's use to feeling the kicks... a woman actually feels movement and kicking inside of her. Its also just like a war victim or someone who lost a leg and had to have it taken off. They feel itching, pain, movement and more and the leg is no longer there. Or someone looses a arm, they will feel the fingers move and its not even there anymore.
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 10:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had that feeling too for awhile after I had my second son. I think it's because I had my first one then I was pregnant with my second after the first turned 3mo. I was so used to being pregnant! lol
    stayathomemomkp

Answer by stayathomemomkp at 10:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2008