Do you know any of your Cafemom friends in real life?

As opposed to myspace and facebook, which are mainly friends and family, I do not know one single person on my Cafemom friends' list in the real world.

Silvertears1275

Asked by Silvertears1275 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I know a few, that's how I got started on CM, all the rest of them are virtual friends. It's kind of strange actually, because if you think of it, this type of friendship is very recent. Ten years ago, it really didn't exsist to this extent. I wonder how what future friendships will bring!
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 8:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yes, I have several friends that are my real life friends.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• nope all my friends with babies dont have enough time :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yes i have two
    SassyMommyBllck

Answer by SassyMommyBllck at 12:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Actually I'm in a group May 2007 PW moms it is a private group by the way.  But we were all on a website, www.pregnancyweekly.com  well there sight sucked so one day one of us found cafemom so for more than a year we have been here.  And we have met not all of us but alot of us have met different ones I have 2 that live about an hour each way from me and we meet about every 2-3 months.  we are also mailng a journal and taking our pictures with the journal and our child that was born in 2007 and mailing it to the others and posting the picture.  We have girls in germany, Hawaii, Canada (me) and US.  it's great I love them like sisters.  there are some I haven't met but we text or talk on the phone! 

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• They are my best friends and we know and understand each other.  They let me cry on there shoulder when I had cancer last year and we have gone threw 2nd pregnancies with some of them again.  It's wonderful!! sorry I'm rambeling but I truely love them ladies!

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 1:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yes
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yes, 1 but hoping to meet others in person and hang out sooner or later!
    traceym1226

Answer by traceym1226 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Nope
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 9:44 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Just me and Nut! Haven't even met Boogie and D even though we are less than an hour from each other. How weird is that!
    Shmop

Answer by Shmop at 11:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2009