Party food for a 5 year old's birthday??

30 plus guests, adults and kids. I am making pea salad, because it's MY favorite, chicken ramen salad, maybe a pasta salad, chips and dip, seasonal fruits and veggies and maybe a sandwich bar? Any suggestions on fun, easy, budget-friendly food ideas with little prep time? No allergies that I know of, drinks will be juice boxes.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 3 year old is having a birthday next weekend and I will be doing a taco bar, punch, and then cake and ice cream.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• You can't go wrong with chicken nuggets, you can make your own with bisquick wholegrain and bake them,, then you could use them for salad toppings (for the adults) and bypass the sandwich bar,, you know those kids are going to want cake,, lol, but at least this way you could get some protein into them.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• Pea salad? at a kids birthday? No offence but eewhh! I would do a fruit tray, with some yummy dip, also a veggie tray, sandwich bar( though, the kids will make a mess of that) Better off with easy to grab put together foods for the kids.
    Anonymous

• I have to entertain the adults with good food as well, and pea salad is our party favorite
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• taco bar, make your own pizza bar
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 11:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2012

• pizza is genius
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2012

• make your own pizza bar sounds great. Thanks for the question OP and the answer iwicked.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2012

• we always do pizza we have done the individual pizza's and had all the fixings on the side and the kids made there own. that was fun, problem with sandwich bar allot of kids wont eat the bread i find they may eat the meat and cheese but thats it.
    suzette1770

Answer by suzette1770 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2012