How do you know movement of your child when he/she is hungry or is just moving around or does not want what you eat

I'm 28 weeks pregnant so every day I'm happy when my baby moves cause March this year I had a stilborn baby at 27 weeks.

lulu002

Asked by lulu002 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• inutero babies don't get "hungry" they don't eat. they get a constant supply of nutrients from your blood via the umbilical cord.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• im sorry about your loss :[

babies get all the nutrition they need
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had no idea why my babies moved when they did. I always assumed they were just stretching.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• This must be a difficult time for you right now. :-( I am so sorry for your loss!
    You eat healthily and baby will be taken care of.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If your ever concerned about lack of movement have a sugary drink like juice or soda and put your feet up and relax he'll be jumpin in no time.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Babies don't get hungry because they get "fed" constantly by the placenta through the umbilical cord. They just move at random moments in response to the things happening outside, just to explore their world in the uterus, or according to their sleep/awake cycles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• P.S. Congrats on making it to 28 weeks! That's wonderful!! I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a healthy baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• your baby wont get hungry. They are fed by the placenta, it makes sure they get all the nutrients they need, oxygen and such.. If the baby's moving chances are its' just trying out its legs and arms. They move sometimes when they are uncomfortable and it may take a while for them to find a comfy spot to rest, they are pretty cramped in there. They also move when they're awake, I used to say that my daughter was playing with me when she would move. I remember being very happy every day that my baby would move, and pushing on my belly to get her to move when I thought she had been sleeping too long. It's ok to be paranoid about those things, I lost 2 babies so I understand the feeling.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• at this stage some of the movement you feel could be hiccups i wouldnt worry unless the movement got less
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2009