Sugar and child with ADHD

How do you get a family member who means well to stop giving a child with ADHD sugar! Asking her nicely isn't working

shrinkydink68

Asked by shrinkydink68 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Let her watch him after he eats the sugar. AFter a couple of times she'll cut that out!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• If it was me, I would say "Listen, I know you mean well, but I do not want you to give my child sugar. I feel you are undermining my authority and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't give my child sugar out of respect towards me". I think you should keep your position and don't back down.
    dlohnas

Answer by dlohnas at 11:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You know I had the same problem the other day. My eight something year old Aunt gave my (testing for) ADHD a bag full of KitKats. I'm gonna keep an eye on these answers.
    tazzyt19

Answer by tazzyt19 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Tell them the medical condition they have makes it 1000 times worse for the child to be getting refined sugar! Please don't help my child get worse by trying to be nice.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2008