ShouldI ask?

I had a baby a wk ago and had her by c-sec when I left the hospital they gave me percocet for pain they gave me a 3 day supply I am out and I am still in pain do you think I should ask them for more? I made it lat 2 days longer then it said because I didnt take it like they told me to. I am just still having burning and pain when I get up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask....I had a 30 supply. Just tell them your in pain. You just had major surgery, you in pain, your not a junkie.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:35 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• it wouldnt hurt to ask
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:36 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'd ask. No question about it.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Oh yes, definitely call your Dr. and ask for a prescription. They will surely give it to you. In the mean time, you can take Tylenol Extra Strength, or Tylenol PM, to help you sleep better with the pain! They help come. I had a c-section also, and my Dr. gave me Vicodin in the hospital, as well as a prescription to be filled for at home!!! I'm surprised they didn't give it to you before you left the hospital!!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:39 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• *some
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:40 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• They will say no, because percocet shuts down your bowels and not having control of those can be BIG trouble. Take ibufrofen, about 600mg. every 8 hours.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My dr didn't give Vicoden, because I was breastfeeding.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It is going to depend if you are breastfeeding or not. The first three days of breast feeding is colostrum, so the baby is not getting all the narkotics in their system. I will call my sis in law, see how they did with her

I hope you get to feeling better soon :)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:45 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'm breastfeeding also...And I made sure to ask my Dr. as well as my daughter pediatrician about it, and both said that it would be perfectly fine to take it...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:46 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I am BF and they knew that when they gave me the meds. I was in the hospital the first few days. My milk came in the day I came home. And they still gave it to me they said that it was safe to take it they gave me worse in the hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jan. 15, 2009