Has anyone used omega 3 fish oil

and seen a negative behaviour? Its the only thing I can think of thats diff in her diet. There arent supose to be artificail flavours,colors or preservatives but you would think she just ate a pack of roman noodles and easy cheese

Angie430

Asked by Angie430 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• If your giving your child this as an alternate to add or adhd or bipolar disorders, you need to have them on it for longer than a day or two. There shouldnt be a hyper like she had a big dose of sugar.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:04 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• ADD and Diet: The causes of Attention Deficit Disorder ADHD?
    In looking for the causes of Attention Deficit Disorder ADD ADHD, ... Your brain is about 60 percent fat, with Omega-3 essential fatty acids the most ...
    www.add-adhd-help-center.com/adhd_diet.htm
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:07 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Fish oil can cause things like burps that taste like fish, so there may be reasons that she may be acting odd after taking it. If she just needs Omega-3, consider alternatives. I hate fish oil and will never use it. Instead I intake 1-2 tablespoons of ground flax per day. I just mix it into almost everything I eat...taco meat (at the end because you don't want to really cook it), oatmeal, I even sprinkle it on my cereal.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• we just started our son on this, and they said about a week, you should see some difference.. and it did take about that long, it seems to be working so far... better with his moods
    Illinoismomof_3

Answer by Illinoismomof_3 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• There all all kinds of Omega fatty acids. Here is a test to see if yours is a good one. Take a styrofoam cup and place inside a bowl. Fill half way with warm water. drop 2 capsules into cup. In about 1/2 hour they should be melted and the oil released. The oil should distribute itself in the water. Final and biggie the oil should start eating the cup away at the water line. If it does not do that then your product is to low of a value and mostly filler.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 11:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
    It has been suggested that a lack of essential fatty acids is a possible cause of hyperactivity in children. It is more likely the result of varying biochemical influences. These children have a deficiency of essential fatty acids (EFA's) either because they cannot metabolize linoleic acid normally, cannot absorb EFA's effectively from the gut, or because their EFA requirements are higher than normal.

you will also need Magnesium is one of the most commonly deficient nutrients in children with attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders
    I'm running out of room!!! AHHHH . I will PM you
    I have tons of clinical research as well as testimonials.
    CoolYourWorld

Answer by CoolYourWorld at 6:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2008

• Fish oil worked for my brother. My son seemed more hyper when I gave it to him, but I didn't wait a full week. I got the strawberry flavored chewables from Whole foods, the gel pack explodes in their mouths.

I am going to look into Magnesium supplements as we have Reverse Osmosis water and I believe that can lead to magnesium deficiency. I have also heard magnesium deficiency can cause sugar cravings....

FYI both fish oil and magnesium will cause changes to bowel movements. You may have to regulate dosage around that as it can be a little tooo effective...
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:08 AM on Sep. 1, 2008