Should I be concerned?

I am 23 weeks today and have only gained like 10 pounds (if that). Should I be worried that I have not gained that much weight? I am going to the doctor this week I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I gained 65 in my 41 weeks... My midwives were so NOT concerned. I was healthy, baby was healthy....
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I weighed 188 before I got pregnant, lost like 20 pounds before I gained weight from the pregnancy and 3 dyas before I had my son I weighed just 5 pounds more than my pre pregnancy weight and after I had him I lost 25 pounds and weigh 155 lbs now. Its normal .. don't worry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• its normal, you're doing good :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No you shouldn't be worried. I only gained 20 pounds with both of my pregnancies and my doctor said I was doing just fine and my babies were healthy and they still are healthy.
    PiscesMommy021

Answer by PiscesMommy021 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Only your doctor can answer that for you, as it all depends on you! That being said, lots of women lose weight in teir first trimester, so you're probably ok. Ask your doc what a healthy range for you is.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:57 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I lost almost forty lbs before i started gaining weight and then i only got two lbs over what i was before i got pregnant by the time i had her. so no i don't think you should be worried.
    calliesmommy08

Answer by calliesmommy08 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• im 23 weeks also and started at 105 and now weight about 120 so i would say 10 is perfect remember most of the weight is baby and other fluids nothing is really fat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It's normal. You will gain much more as the weeks progress (trust me). It's best not to put on too much too soon.
    Anonymous

• I'm 28 weeks and I actually haven't gained any net weight. But my diet got a lot better once I found out I was pregnant, and I had horrible morning sickness for four months. Tracking the whole of my pregnancy thus far, I actually lost 6-10 pounds from when I conceived and just recently came back to what I weighed before I was pregnant, and my doctor said there was nothing to worry about.
    Reulia

Answer by Reulia at 5:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009