Organizing Toys

My daughter has a walk in closet-(we have an old, remodeled house with the original slanted ceiling closets. Her toys are so disorganized-and the toy buckets aren't big enough for all her stuffed animals. Need some tips to make it look fun and neat in there-yet organized.

hw1977

Asked by hw1977 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try a net strait across the top of the closet for the stuffed animals. I know i had friends when i was younger that had nets that stretched across a small corner in their room and it looked cool.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:55 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Is it toys and stuffed animals ?

For stuffed animals I like those large metal bins. Usually in the summer section at Target/Walmart. They are fun and colorful.

Also Target right now had this closet orgnanizer thing, in the aisle that has the "closet maid" shoe racks. It's like particle board and they have pink, blue, green I think. It's 4 feet tall and wide. Should fit in the low ceilings. That is a great shelf that has 9 cubbies to put puzzles, a few stuffed animals decorating, etc..you can either buy the small bins or just use the shelf. I think it was 39 dollars.

I think mixing a few storage shelves and bins and creating "areas," where each toy has it's section will help keep it organized. Also fun hooks on the wall to hang up things too.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 1:00 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Sorry I tried to find a pic of the shelving unit and I can't online. I got one for our school room though and it's worth the price. It's so hard to explain creative ideas online without pictures !!! grrr.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 1:06 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I was going to mention the nets, too. I couldn't find the right color to match my daughter's room so I got open weave curtains and made my own "nets." Also, she liked her animals on her bed during the day, she organized them every day after making her bed, it was really cute. Several times I would go into her room and there would be a cat or two cuddling with the animals, that was adorable. When she had a canopy bed, many of the animals fit perfectly on the canopy. When she had bunk beds she covered the bed she didn't use and we didn't have to move them at night. My hubby made shelves to fit over her windows which was perfect for stuffed animals. We had wide window seats under the windows, another perfect place for stuffed animals. I crocheted yarn several inches wide and made swings for some of the animals....she had lots of stuffed animals and a really cute room.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 1:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009