haha am i weird??

i was given a breastpump by a friend. and i was going through all the stuff she gave me for my baby and stuff and decided hm i guess ill learn how to assemble this pump. so i did .. now i kind of want to try it and see if it works ! LOL

if i stimulate my nipples right now they start leaking and its the clear stuff it already leaked colostrum now its just all clear and its a lot i have to wear booby pads.

am i weird that i want to try it? LOL just to see what its like? HAHAHAH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• haha no its not weird we all most likely went through that I know I did when I was pregnant with my 1st

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No, not weird! It's not a great idea because it is possible to start contractions this way.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:52 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• really?!!?!

i didnt know that. THANKS DOULA!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No prob! ;-) Effects from nipple stimulation are similar to that of Pitocin: Unnaturally harsh. Pit is a drug used to induce (or augment) contractions. Nipple stimulation is something used when labor needs a kick-start. Sometimes it's recommended to try for a mom hoping to avoid medical induction. But it can work and it's intense.

Better to wait. ;-)
    I'll paste some tips below, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:08 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• WANT TO PREPARE FOR BFing WHILE YOU'RE PREGNANT?

Do what you can to stay hydrated, well-fed, rested.

Go for as natural a birth as possible.

Keep baby with you at birth, no bottles or pacifiers.

Plan to have help at home so that you don't need to do anything but Babymoon.

Stay in bed for 2 weeks breastfeeding.

Let others handle life for you.

Stay committed, know that keeping with it can be tricky but worth it!

Start attending La Leche League meetings now and continue after the birth for information and support.

You can read The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding now, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:09 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• well i started to use the pump and its been like 3 min anmd i already pumped about.... 1\2 an oz.... is that good? or is that little fr this amnt of time? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You're tricking your body, not really a great idea. You make colostrum to nourish your baby, not to play with.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:53 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• dude katie im not playing with anything. i dont have colostrum anymore its just breastmilk now i already explained that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Actually, you just said you're leaking clear stuff. Colostrum is clear for some women!

KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• oh//... i guess i should listen to some woman online rather than my dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jan. 15, 2009