What do you think?

I just had my third c-sec. We had decided that this would be our last baby but a couple days ago we were talking and I said I might want another one in a few yrs. I am getting the IUD which last for 5yrs so maybe when that time was up and he sadi he wouldnt mind that that we would alk about it when it gets closer. My ? is do you think it would be safe to have a 4th c-sec. I have heard that after 2-3 they kinda frown upon them. And thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you should ask your doctor about this question being it's a surgery
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well I am going to but I wanted to see what others thought or if they had more then 3 and were ok I dont know I am young I dont want to get my tubes tied and then want another later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• There is always a risk with surgery and with more than 1 CS of uterus ruputure and other things associated with the placenta growing into the wall of the uterus, placenta accreta, scar tissue, etc. I had 4 c-sections and had no problem at all. Your doc can follow you closely by ultrasound to make sure things are going well. I wouldn't get my tubes tied if I were you especially if you are thinking of another baby someday. I am an "old" mother but I plan on having another baby someday and it will be another C-section. The doc encouraged it of course but I refused strongly.

Your Ob/gyn can answer your question in more detail. But don't let him scare you. He may send you to a high risk doc but even though I had 4 c/s I was only high risk because I was advanced maternal age. They didn't consider the 4 c/s to be a reason to be high risk.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jan. 15, 2009