Anyone had their gull bladder out??

I had mine out a month after my son i actually got pankriatius and ended up having to be in the hospital for 4 days waiting for the inflamation to go down cuz it was so bad and had surgery and had to stay an extra nite after becuz of how sevre it was.. now I have been having pains on my right side where the incesions are and its been 7 months.. I still get sick ever once in awhile.. I was jus wondering if other moms who have had it out still get upper stomache pains and have a hard time with eating certain foods...

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:26 AM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• i had mine removed in march 07 it was very very badly inflamed and i had to wait 10 days for it to go down and after surgery i stayed 3 more days.. anyway, it took me a year to feel completely fine. i know the doctors tell you 3 months and stuff like that but the truth was i had pain when in the car hitting bumps, lots of aching and half a year after surgery i tried to work out very lightly and hurt myself! i couldnt walk straight for days. you have to take it easy and if you feel the pain is too much or abnormal pls go to the doctor. as far as food. i have a hard time with meat and dont eat fried at all and certain sodas even give me heartburn.
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 10:14 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• When I had mine removed, I was told that I might have problems with certain foods. I haven't had any troubles, but it's a known side effect. I was told to avoid fatty foods.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes, I had mine out in Aug 08 and in Nov i started getting really bad pains again, but i blamed it on the flu that was going around. well a couple weeks later it happend again and again i thought its gotta be the flu i already had this thing out! Then one night it got so bad i was in the tub crying and i told my husband if it doesnt get better soon i am going to the ER. so i called my dr's answering service at 9pm and i got the dr! he said go to the ER if it doesnt get better or see me in the morning. It got better so i went in the am to see him. he sent me for blood work and come to find out i have VERY VERY like sever heart burn!!! So get that checked that is probably...
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• cont...

what it is if you are getting it with foods you eat. If you dont and you get in as much pain as you are saying you could damage your esophagus (sp)! not only that but i feel MUCH better now! Good luck! i know gallbladder surgery was the worst pain i have ever been in!even worse than labor! and it was same day lapo!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:15 AM on Jan. 15, 2009